Scope :Modelling Natural, Existing and Design Terrain
To accurately determine the topography of the existing site, the natural strata beneath and the profile of the final scheme.
2D topographical survey data converted to 3D model
Without detailed models of the site at all stages, Clients may be required to import or export large and expensive quantities of materials, making the feasibility of schemes impractical or prohibitively costly. This can lead to sites not being developed, local labour not being employed and an impact on local economies.
Borehole data used to model varying sub-strata
• Experienced Engineers understanding how supplied survey data is collected and is to be used. In areas of sparse data, in-house surveyors
suppliment with additional surveys.
• LSS and n4CE software used to convert image, PDF and CAD data into 3D models.
• Geotechnical knowledge allows borehole data to be used to create sub-surface models.
• 20+ years of construction experience allows design modelling to consider the build process and the design of real earthworks solutions
based on remediation strategies.
• Volumetric analysis allows multiple design iterations that can be proposed to Clients.
• Final earthworks designs and strategies are conveyed to Clients in reports, PDF drawings, CAD files, and even interactive 3D models
viewable within Adobe Reader.
• During the remediation phase, natural strata is surveyed by our Site Engineers, modelled, then compared to theoretical levels. This allows us to monitor the progress and inform of changes to foundations, or amend the remediation strategy.
3D model of final design levels, with construction depths used to determine formation levels
Through detailed modelling and volumetric analysis, developments can be optimised at design stage to enable a financially beneficial reduction in import and export and more accurate predictions of contamination quantities. This allows refinement of remediation strategies and the implementation of innovative solutions to minimise waste streams.
Models used to determine foundation solutions and develop remediation strategy
3D model can be sent to Clients to be viewed in Adobe Reader
Wide range of methods used to present information to Clients and Site Teams
Please use the links below to download this case study and our brochure.