Project :Dumers Lane, Radcliffe
Client :Regional Land Developer
Scope :Strategy Advice, Remediation, Invasive Weeds
Demolition, site clearance, relocation of knotweed and remediation of former Pfzier factory. Due to the site being within a flood plain the main development area (24 acres) required raising between 2-4m to facilitate the construction of 250 new homes and 80,000ft² of commercial premises together with the lowering of the boundary adjacent to the river to create 1km of watermeadow (3 acres).
Investigation of the site identified extensive areas of made ground and structures together with significant infestation by Japanese knotweed. The original appraisal of the site identified significant import of soils to achieve suggested development levels, extensive cart away of Japanese Knotweed and a piled foundation solution to the entire development.
Dumers Lane - Pre-commencement
Dumers Lane 3D Survey Model
• Upfront technical advice regarding the remediation and phasing of the site and in particular value engineering of the works to achieve
a betterment on foundation solutions.
• Modelling of earthworks, cut and fill.
• Demolition of remaining buildings
• Tree and waste clearance
• Excavation, relocation and treatment of 20,000m³ of knotweed impacted soils.
• Removal of asbestos impacted soils.
• Grubbing up and crushing of 40,000m³ of slabs, foundations and relic structures.
• Selective excavation and placement of 150,000m³ of site won soils to achieve a vibro stone column foundation solution for all 250 new
• Cement stabilisation of 10,000m³ of geotechnically unsuitable soils.
• Importation of 100,000m³ of soils.
• Engineering of soils beneath commercial development and roads to achieve a 5% CBR.
• Flood alleviation, implementation and creation of water meadow.
Remediation Works Progressing
Works achieved on time, on budget and by careful redesign of the Remediation Strategy we saved over £1million on construction abnormals and by careful management of soils ensured that no excess soils were required to be removed from site and all subsoil capping was generated on site.
Commercial Area After Handover To Client
Residential Area After Handover To Client
Flood Plane Near Completion
Please use the links below to download this case study, our brochure and 3D PDF files (requires Adobe Reader) of the project showing the original levels and the final design.