Project :Wellington Road, Bollington
Client :National House Builder
Scope :Asbestos Removal, Demolition, Remediation
Demolition of existing buildings, notifiable and none notifiable asbestos removal, breaking out and crushing of slabs and foundations, removal of redundant culvert on site of former foam factory to facilitate 91 new homes.
Wellington Road - Demolition Phase of Scheme
The site investigation identified extensive areas of made ground beneath the site requiring a piled foundation solution together with the significant import of soils to raise site levels.
Wellington Road - Upfilling Operations
• Upfront technical advice regarding the remediation and phasing of the site and in particular value engineering of the works to achieve
a betterment on foundation solutions.
• Modelling of earthworks, cut and fill.
• Removal of notifiable and none notifiable asbestos.
• Soft strip of buildings.
• Demolition of buildings.
• Tree and waste clearance
• Grubbing up and crushing of 30,000m³ of slabs, foundations and relic structures.
• Selective excavation and placement of 40,000m³ of site won soils to achieve a vibro stone column foundation solution.
• Importation of 30,000m³ of soils.
• Engineering of soils beneath commercial development and roads to achieve a 5% CBR.
Relic Culverts Discovered Mapped, Removed and Foundation Solutions Adjusted To Suit
Works achieved on time, on budget and by careful redesign of the Remediation Strategy we saved the site over £500,000 on construction abnormals and by careful management of soils ensured that no excess soils were required to be removed from site and all subsoil capping was generated on site.
Remediation and Demolition Running Concurrently
Tree Removal Was In Accordance With Tree Protection Scheme
Areas Approaching Completion
Please use the links below to download this case study and our brochure.